The Law Of Attraction has been around for quite some time now and has been popularized by the book “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. Although the law revolves around the Biblical concept of asking and receiving, it is usually misinterpreted as writing down a wish on a piece of paper, placing it under the pillow and simply wishing it to come true in the near future. This is certainly not the way how the Law Of Attraction works and mere wishful thinking without acting upon your dreams will not only break your expectations but also demotivate you from trying something in life.
To make the Law of Attraction work, you need to shift your mindset to a more positive level. This law is no magic pill but following these few simple and powerful principles will definitely transform your life and your relationship with others. Once you learn to apply this law in your personal life, applying it at workplace would be pretty straightforward.
What Is The Law Of Attraction?
Law of attraction is the name given to the axiom “like attracts like” This means that all the positive and negative situations that we experience in life are simply an outcome of the positive and negative thoughts that we set our focus on. Holding these thoughts in our minds emits the corresponding frequencies in the universe and attracts people and situations required for making that thought a reality.
How The Law of Attraction Works?
The answer is fairly easy. Typically the Law of Attraction is practiced using visualization and affirmation techniques, which can be unbelievably powerful and enlightening when implemented correctly. Taking control of your thoughts and practicing mindfulness will help you determine which thoughts should be retained and which ones should be eliminated from the mind. Eventually, after practicing regularly, you will start attracting only positive things resulting in positive manifestations.
How to apply The Law Of Attraction at workplace?
In this article we would cover one of the ways in which this law can be applied.. by use of positive AFFIRMATIONS.
What are affirmations and how do they work?
As part of this Law of Attraction technique, you need to set a clear goal about what you want to accomplish each day and create a mantra that you can use in different situations.
Positive affirmations work really well in encouraging self and others and improve the level of one’s skill and activity. Assuring yourself of your capability of doing something and succeeding is a positive affirmation. Encouraging a colleague that they can do the task at hand at the best of their capability is also a form of affirmation.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations
Affirmations can be really helpful in different workplace situations and help us improve the following aspects:
- Enhance your skills and boost your productivity
- Improve self-confidence at job interviews and work
- Control pessimistic feelings and emotions, such as fear, nervousness and anxiety
- Overcome negative habits like procrastination or passive-aggressive actions which can be harmful for your career.
- Boost your confidence level and interpersonal skills before or during interviews, meetings and presentations
- Motivation to achieve project goals and never miss a deadline.
- Set new goals to help shape your career.
- Increased job satisfaction and positive perspective towards life.
Some examples of positive affirmations
Affirmations for the job search and interviews
- I am thrilled to find my perfect job.
- This world is full of opportunities related my ideal work
- I am unstoppable and have unlimited potential to succeed
- I see myself cracking the interview and landing a job in my dream company
- I have all the desired skills and knowledge that the interviewer is looking for.
- I am a great communicator and I speak with confidence.
- I am the most perfect candidate to fill this position.
Affirmations for everyday workplace motivation
- I perform my job to the best of my abilities and get rewarded for it.
- I support my coworkers and we help each other grow and succeed.
- My job brings me immense joy and satisfaction and it never feels like work when I am doing it.
- I have all the skills to take the best career decisions.
- I create extraordinary results for my company and I am the best at what I do.
- I am focused and obsessed about my career goals.
- I have a great work life balance and I am living my life to the fullest.
Now it’s your turn..
Think about what you want to accomplish in life and try to extract mantras which would help you stay focused when life throws a curveball at you. You can practice these affirmations either before stepping into the office, before a big client presentation or any other workplace situation. The key is to gain control over your thoughts and visualize the outcome in your mind and repeatedly focus on it. However it should be noted that affirmations are not a substitute for actions. They should just be used to rejuvenate your passion, make your desire stronger and act persistently until the goal is achieved.